Materials Science 07514551889
2007/Degree of DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY in PHYSICS specializing in the area of MATERIALS SCIENCE/Alabama A&M University/USA
2002/master's degree in physics/Fisk University/USA
1995/Degree of Bachelor of Science in Physics/University of Mosul/Iraq
- “Object Distance Measurement by Stereo Vision”. Manaf A. Mahammed, Amera
I. Melhum, Faris A. Kochery. International Journal of Science and Applied Information Technology (IJSAIT), Vol.2 , No.2, Pages : 05-08 (2013).
- Photomagnetism and photoluminescence (PL) of (Pb–Fe–e−) complex in lead magnesium niobate–lead titanate (PMN–PT) crystals containing β-PbO nanoclusters. Sundar R. Bairavarasua, Matthew E. Edwardsa, Medury D. Sastrya, Faris Kochary, Praveena Kommidia, B. Rami Reddya, Dimitrios Lianosb, Manmohan D. Aggarwal. Journal of Spectrochimica Acta Part A 71:1581–1587 (2008).
- “Bulk crystal growth of piezoelectric PMN-PT crystals using gradient freeze
technique for improved SHM sensors”. M.D. Aggarwal, F. Kochary, Benjamin G.
Penn and Jim Miller will be presented at the 6th international workshop on structural health monitoring, hold at Stanford, CA USA during September 11-13, 2007.
- “Growth and electrical characterization of the lead magnesium niobate-lead titanate (PMN-PT) single crystals for piezoelectric devices”. F. Kochary, M. D. Aggarwal, A. K. Batra, R. Hawrami, D. Lianos and A. Burger. Has been submitted to Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics during June 2007.
- “Photo-magnetism and possible optical switching in Fe3+: PMN-PT: A Photo-
EPR investigation”, Bairavarasu Sundar, M. E. Edwards, M. D. Sastry, F. Kochary, D. Lianos and M. D. Aggarwal. Proceedings of SPIE, 631409, Photorefractive Fiber and Crystal Devices: Materials, Optical Properties, and Applications XII; Francis T. Yu, Ruyan Guo, Shizhuo S. Yin; Eds., Volume 6314 (2006).
- “Bulk crystal growth, thermophysical and optical properties of lead magnesium niobate-lead titanate (PMN-PT) piezoelectric single crystals" M.D. Aggarwal, F. Kochary, A. K. Batra, R. B. Lal and D. Lianos. Presented at SPIE 2005, Proc. of
SPIE Vol. 5912 p. 591205 “Operational Characteristics and crystal growth of nonlinear optical materials II”, San Diego, CA USA.
- “Growth and physical characterization of Scintillator crystal for homeland security applications”, M. D. Aggarwal, F. Kochary, A. K. Batra, R. Hawrami, Presented at 16th American Conference on Crystal Growth and Epitaxy, held at Big Sky, Montana during July 10-14, 2005.
- “Flux growth and characterization of piezoelectric lead magnesium niobate-lead titanate single crystals”, M.D. Aggarwal, F. Kochary, A. K. Batra, R. B. Lal and
D. Lianos presented at 16th American Conference on Crystal Growth and Epitaxy, held at Big Sky, Montana during July 10-14, 2005.
- “Compositional variations and phase stability during horizontal Bridgman growth
of AgGaTe2 crystals”, U. N. Roy, B. Mekonen, A. Adetunji, K. Chattopahhyay, F. Kochary, Y. Cui and A. Burger, and J.T. Goldstein Journal of Crystal Growth, Volume 240, Issues 1-2, 176-184 (2002).
- Growth and characterization of piezoelectric materials and semiconductors using the high temperature solution method.
- Growth and characterization of organic crystals for nonlinear optical applications.
- Growth and characterization of bulk crystals from melt using Czochralski and Bridgman Stockbarger techniques.
Teaching Algebra-based and calculus-based general graduate & undergraduate Physics courses.
No CV available