Duhok Research Center
The International Activities of DRC Supported by:
- EU-FP6 ConFluTech
- FP6 (ICTTD-3)
- Los Alamos National Laboratory,USA
- Evaluation and improvement of integrated livestock disease control measures through distribution of molecular diagnostic tools, evaluation of disease situation, training and capacity building in Asia.
- In co-operation with the German Academy for Exchange of Staff(DAAD) and ICTTD-3, Borstel organized a technical workshop for thedistribution of molecular diagnostic tools in January 14 – 31, 2006.
- Molecular Diagnostic tools workshop held in ISTANBUL, TURKEY, November 13-17, 2006.
- Work shop on Trans-boundary animal diseasesand ticks & tick-borne diseases in TAHRAN, IRAN, November 7 – 12, 2007.
- Technical workshop: EU-funded collaborative networks income and labtechnology transfer of molecular diagnostic tools. Lanzhou, China in April 14 – 18, 2008.
- The technical workshop in Berlin, Germany, May 5-9, 2009 about Epidemiological tools.
- Workshop about Bioinformatics held in Borstel, Germany between 9th-13thJune 2008.
- Tick Taxonomy Workshop, Pendik, Istanbul, Turkeybetween July 19th -24th, 2010.
- The technical workshop in Berlin, Germany, Nov 30 - Dec 4, 2009 about Epidemiological tools.
- Technical Workshop on AIV sequencing, Phylogeny & Bioinformatics - Sweden May 26th–29th2009.
- Capacity building for the control of avian influenza through technology transfer and training work shop in Berlin, Germany between Nov 28 – Dec 02, 2013.
- Regional Training Course on "Rapid Diagnosis of Avian Influenza (Bird Flu)"September 15-26, 2008, Vladimir, Russian Federation.
- A technical workshop for the distribution of molecular diagnostic tools held in Duhok, Iraq, in April 2008 for veterinary and medical staff from different universities and diagnostic laboratories.
- A technical workshop about national technical workshop for diagnostic tools in Erbil, Iraq,January 2009.
- A technical workshop on basic molecular techniques in Duhok University/ Faculty of Veterinary Medicine between 17th – 20th, 2012.
- A workshop on Molecular biology and Bioinformatics (From PCR to DNA Sequence Analysis,), in Duhok University/ Collage of veterinary medicine from 10 - 11 May 2016.
Workshops and courses attended
2007: Workshop on “Molecular Diagnostic Tools” organized by the Dohuk Research Center – Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and the Research Center Borstel, Germany.
April 14-18 2008: Workshop on "Technology Transfer of Molecular Diagnostic Tools" organized by Lanzhou Veterinary Research Institute Lanzhou, Gansu, PR China and the Research Center Borstel, Germany
June 9-13 2008: "Technical Workshop on Bioinformatics " organized by EU-FB6 INCO-DEV INCOME EU-FP6 PRIORITY ConFluTech, Research Center Borstel, Germany
September 15 26 2008: A course held at "Regional Training Course on Rapid Diagnosis of Avian Influenza (Bird Flu)" organized by IAEA/FAO in cooperation with European Union ConFluTech Project held at Federal Center for Animal Health, FGI-ARRIAH, Vladimir, the Russian Federation
January 2009: Instructor in a Technical Workshop "Diagnostic tools for Avian influenza" organized by the EU-Flu-Tech project by Research Center Dohuk IRAQ and the Research Center Borstel, Germany
June 17-19, 2009: participated in “International Conference on Intracellular Niches of Microbes” held in Research Center Borstel.
June 29-July 3, 2009: participated in “10th Biennial Conference of the Society for Tropical Veterinary Medicine held in Luebeck, Germany and presented a poster entitled “Identification of clone-9 antigenic protein of Theileriauilenbergi and evaluation of its application for serodiagnosis”.
November 30 to December 2009: A "Technical Workshop on Epidemiological Tools" organized within the EU funded ConFluTech and Arbo-Zoonet project by the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Free University of Berlin and the Research Center Borstel, Germany
July 19-24, 2010, 'Tick identification workshop' organized by the Turkish Ministry of Agriculture, Pendik Veterinary Control Research Institute, and the EU funded projects ICTTD-3 and Arbo-Zoonet
Juli 26-30, 2010, 'Integrated control of Ticks and Tick- Borne Diseases in a Globalized World, Istanbul, Turkey funded by the European commission FP6 (ICTTD-3)
September 27-28 2011,Scintific Research in Iraq: situation and perspectives. Beirut. Lebanon .Organized by UNISCO,
17 May-20 2012 ,as instructor in Technical workshop on basic molecular technique, Iraq ,Kurdistan Region ,Duhok. University of Duhok .DVRC.
July 30 – August 1, 2015, Iraqi Pathogen Detection Need & Gap Analyses for Sustainable Capability Development, Collaboration Training Workshop Los Alamos National Laboratory & Iraqi Public Health and Veterinary Laboratories, organized by Los Alamos National Laboratory,USA
March 7-8, 2016 , participated as presenter ( Molecular diagnosis of Theileria , Babesia and Anaplasma species infecting Small Ruminant in Kurdistan Region ,Iraq using Reverse line Blot ) in The: Middle East and South Asia Conference on Epigenetics and Genomics of Infectious Diseases .Organized by Royal Scientific Society of Jordan (RSS), Gryphon Scientific, and Metabiota (USA)