The department is that branch of dentistry pertaining to the restoration and maintenance of oral function, comfort, appearance, and health of the patient by the restoration of the natural teeth and/or the replacement of the missing teeth and contagious oral and maxillofacial tissues with artificial substitutes. This discipline includes removable fixed with attachment, maxillofacial implant prosthodontics, dental material operative dentistry, crown and bridge, and Endodontology which is given during five years curriculum. It also deals with the operations of developing the skills needed for BDS. Students are introduced to the basic principles in treating the partially and totally edentulous patient with removable dentures, focusing on understanding the physical and biochemical properties of the denture components, technical and scientific ways of treating cases in the field of restorative dentistry, crowns and bridges, root canals, etc….
- Excellence in educational programs that provide a high standard of clinical training for both undergraduate and postgraduate students.
- Highly innovative research that will have a remarkable impact on developing dental sciences.
- Motivating and improving the skills of graduates
- Recognition of the high academic standards of the Department at both regional and international levels.
Becoming a trusted academic and clinical oral health center of care for complex restorative problems.
The Department of Conservative Dentistry encompasses the specialties of Operative Dentistry, Fixed Prosthodontics, Endodontics, removable Prosthodntics and Dental Material Sciences. The Department aims at integrating all the disciplines of restorative dentistry in addition to advanced patient care, clinical experience and basic dental sciences with the ultimate goal of graduating exceptional dental professionals who can translate their knowledge into clinical practice that will promote the oral health of the community.
- To prepare students with the necessary skills and knowledge
- To develop research and teaching skills of the college members.
- To install the desire for scientific research among students.
- To improve the standards of both undergraduate and postgraduate educational programs.
- To expand the programs to include more advanced clinical dental specialties relevant to Conservative and Prosthodontic dentistry.
- To conduct oral health research that is relevant to the needs of the local community.
- To encourage collaboration with national and international academic institutions.