College of Law and Political Sciences
Department of Law is one of the Faculty of Law and Political Science Departments, which oversees the scientific matters relating to teach the science of law in both undergraduate and postgraduate studies, this Department includes a group of faculty specialists in both branches (public and private law) with various scientific disciplines and titles such as professor, Assistant Professor, lecturer and assistant lecturer, as well as some specialists professors in jurisprudence and Islamic law, there are several specialized committees assume the management of scientific issues such as the Scientific Committee , postgraduate Studies Committee and the Department board.
Department of law seeks to graduation specialists students with the science of law to provide the society with Scientifically qualified persons working in different institutions of the country, such as courts, legal departments in various ministries and government institutions as well as their role in the framework of civil society institutions which is specialized in legal and human rights issues ,In addition; the department is creating and generating advanced personnel in law through awarding Master's degree in public and private law, which fills the need for the teaching staff at the Faculty of Law and other faculties in the university.
Many scientific activities have been done since the establishment of the college and the department.
- Two international conferences, first one in 2011 and the second one in 2015.
- Numerous legal seminars in various law issues that concern the community.
- Organizing many workshops and seminars by professors from the Faculty of Law, both individually and with the knowledge section or in general by prior organization by the Department.
- A legal clinic at the college is one of the modern issues that recently reached with the (USAID) within the justice program.
- Supervision of the students participation in many scientific competitions such as Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition and the competitions of International Humanitarian Law Researches at the level of the Kurdistan Region and Iraq.