The Directorate of Media is one of the new directorates established in the Presidency of the University of Duhok in the spring of 2007. Before that date, it was a unit run in a small room, later expanding to become an independent directorate in a separate building having several departments; the archiving and editing, management and coordination departments.
The establishment of the directorate came after the expansion of its activities became parallel with the university activities , events and activities that needed to be recorded and documented. The Directorate of Media covers conferences, scientific and cultural events, graduation ceremonies and supervising the university magazine in both Kurdish and Arabic. The directorate also runs a periodical radio program on university activities.
Objectives and Activities of the Directorate
- The directorate aims to cover all the activities and events held at the university; visits, meetings, conferences, courses, resolutions and agreements.
- The directorate, in cooperation with media units at faculties, aims to cover college activities and events such as ,festivals, conferences, Master and Ph.D thesis...etc.
- Preparing and publishing the university and the graduation guides and the booklets and pamphlets about the university.
- Documenting and archiving university activities and advertising its news, statistics and numbers to various media institutions.
- Facilitating the work of journalists; reporters of newspapers,radio and television, to cover the activities of the university.
Projects of the Directorate
The directorate has plans for annual events and exhibitions as well as activities. The directorate has organized a media forum in coordination and cooperation with the Directorate General of Culture in Duhok, as well as seminars on important issues such as the constitution, economic situation and women's rights in the region.