Duhok Research Center
Duhok Research center comprises of five main units. Four units are ready and achieve projects, MSc and PhD works. The Main four units are:
1. Molecular Biology and Bioinformatics Lab.
- Over the past few decades, major advances in the field of molecular biology, coupled with advances in genomic technologies, have led to an explosive growth in the biological information generated by researchers. This overflow of genomic information has led to an absolute requirement for computerized databases to store, organize and index the data, and for specialized tools to view and analyze the data. The different kinds of structural analysis led to several different kinds of databases. The molecular biology have elongated in several different but strongly related working fields.
- This lab has two separated areas:
- PCR and Nanodrop room.
- Gel documentation room.
2. Histopathology Lab.
- Histopathology lab is an important unit within our center; this unit helps our researchers to examine the biological tissues in order to observe the appearance of diseased cells in microscopic detail. Histopathologynormally involves a biopsy, which is a procedure involving taking a small sample of tissue, usually undertaken by pathologists, who are experts in diagnoses of diseases.
3. Immunology unit (ELISA)
- Immunologyis a part of biology that covers the study of immune systems in all organisms Immunology charts, measures, and contextualizes the physiological functioning of the immune system in states of both health and diseases.
4. Microbiology lab.
Microbiology Laboratory is one the recently established lab in Duhok Research Center. The main purpose of this laboratory is to help to diagnose the infectious diseases, study the physiology, virulence and pathogenicity of different microorganism isolated from different sources (clinical samples, food samples and environmental samples).
5. Cell culture Lab (Not in use)