JOURNAL PAPER INSTRUCTIONS TO AUTHORS
The paper should be valuable and should not have been published or submitted for publication in any other Journals. The text should be complete with abstract, introduction, material and methods, results, discussion and reference. The text must not exceed 15 pages for sciences papers and 25 for the humanities
The content text must be Normal, 10 pt., Times New Roman, at least 12 lines spaced, and justified. Each paragraph should be spaced after 6 pt. The first line of the paragraphs should not be indented.
Footnotes should not be used.
The paper size should be A-4 size and page margins must be 2.5 cm top and bottom, 3 cm left and 2 cm right.
Include page numbers. The page numbers should be placed in the lower right hand corner.
The paper title must be capitalized, bold, centered, 11 pt., and spaced after 18 pt. Main titles and abstract title should be capitalized 9 pt., aligned left, bold, spaced before 12 pt., and after 6 pt., and numbered as (1., 2.,3.). Principle subtitles must be written in 10 pt, bold, aligned left.
The name(s) of the author(s) should be written only in the first page, capitalized, 8 pt, normal, centered, and spaced after 18 pt.
ALI MUHAMMED1, JALAL AMEEN 2 and DLOVAN ASSAD 2
The authors’ names should not cover all line and if there are more than, 3 or 4 writers the rest should be spaced to the line below, and writers also should be single spaced. The writers from the same department or the institution should be numbered by different numbers and indicated in the line below in 8 pt, as the following:
1 Department of Geography, College of Arts, University of Duhok, Kurdistan Region, Iraq
2 Department of Soil & Water Science, College of Agriculture, University of Duhok, Kurdistan Region, Iraq
Abstract body should be 8 pt., bold, aligned left, and single spaced. The abstract must not exceed 300 words. (4-6) keywords must be provided at the end of abstract. The keywords title must be capitalized, 8 pt., aligned left, and Italic. The keywords should be written in 8 pt., Italic, and their initials should be capitalized. Paragraphs in the abstract should be spaced after 6. (See below)
KEYWORDS: Erosivity factor, Rainfall, Fournier index, Water Quality
Summary should be provided also in Kurdish and Arabic at the end of the paper.
Figures and Tables
Except the tables, all the graphs, maps and photographs must be named as figures. Tables and Figures should be numbered consecutively by Arabic numerals. The tables and figures must not exceed the page margins and must be on one page. All Table outline border should be (1 ½ pt.), inside border should be (½ pt.); table details should be Arial font and written with 7 pt. the figure and table names must be written with 8 pt. style. Names must be written in the middle on top for the tables with space 4 after and for the diagrams/figures, underneath on the bottom with space 4 before and 12 after. If the figure and table names have to be more than one line, the line spacing should be single spaced, and the terms of “Figures” and “Tables” must be bold. (See below)
Table (1): The effect of pepper shoot & root aqueous extract on the growth of different other plants:
Shoot Extract Root Extract
Plant type Conc.
Root length (cm) Shoot length
(cm) Intact plant length
(cm) Inhibition %
(cm) Intact plant length
Okra 0 *25.7 a** 27.8 a 53.5a - 0 25.7a 27.8a 53.5a -
5 25.00a 26.77a 51.77a 3.23 1 24.50a 27.00a 51.50a 3.73
10 24.50a 25.95a 50.45a 5.70 2 23.87a 25.65a 49.52a 7.43
Sorghum 0 21.6a 27.2a 48.8a - 0 21.7a 27.2a 48.9a -
5 13.00b 17.25b 30.25b 38.03 1 9.8b 25.5ab 35.3b 27.6
10 6.00c 5.50c 11.50c 76.44 2 9.4b 22.6b 31.9 b 34.6
Figure (1): xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Bullets and Numbering
Bullets and numbers should be indented 1 cm from the left margin and hanging indent should be 0.5 cm. Each line of bullets and numbers should be single spaced.
References should be indicated in the typescript by giving the author's name, with the year of publication in parentheses, as detailed in the APA style guide. All lines after the first line of each entry in your reference list should be indented one cm from the left margin (hanging indentation). If several papers by the same author(s) and from the same year are cited, a, b, c, etc. should be put after the year of publication. The references should be listed in full at the end of the paper in standard APA format. For example:
Ritter, D. F., Kochel, R. C., and Miller, J. R. (2002). Process Geomorphology (4th ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill.
Massey, W. R., and Jameson, W. M., Jr. (2001). Organizational behavior and the new internet logic (3rd ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Harlow, H. F. (1983). Fundamentals for preparing psychology journal articles. Journal of Comparative and Physiological Psychology, 55, 893-896.
- Loughran, J., and Corrigan, D. (1995). Teaching portfolios: A strategy for developing learning and teaching in preservice education. Teaching and Teacher Education, 11, 565-577.
For chapters within books:
- Smith, N. (1997). Challenges and choices facing social studies teachers. In R. Case & P. Clark (Eds.), The Canadian anthology of social studies (pp. 3-9). Burnaby, BC: Simon Fraser University Field Relations.
For conference proceedings:
- Demirci, A., McAdams, M. A., Alagha, O., and Karakuyu, M. (2006). The relationship between land use change and water quality in Küçükçekmece Lake watershed. In A. Demirci, M. Karakuyu, and M. A. McAdams (Eds.). Proceedings of 4th gis days in Türkiye (pp. 27-35). Đstanbul, 13-16 September.
- Healey, M., Foote, K., and Hay, I. (2000). Developing the International Network for Learning and Teaching (INLT) Geography in Higher Education. In: International Geographical Union Commission on Geographical Education (Eds.). Geographical Education at the Cross-roads: Directions for the Next Millennium, Proceedings of the Kyongju Symposium (pp. 203-207), Korea.
For online documents:
- Standler, R. (2000). Plagiarism in colleges in the USA. Retrieved August 6, 2004, from www.rbs2.com/plag.htm
- Bernstein, M. (2002). 10 tips on writing the living Web. A List Apart: For People Who Make Websites, 149. Retrieved May 2, 2006, from http://www.alistapart.com/articles/writeliving
- Titles of journals and names of publishers, etc. should not be abbreviated. Acronyms for the names of organisations, examinations, etc. should be preceded by the title in full.
Note: Referred scientific materials such as: e-journals, e-books, etc. can be used as reference by authors.
For further information about APA reference style please visit http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/
Four copies of the research paper with CD containing the paper in one file (Microsoft word 2003) should be submitted to the following address: