- OneBeat brings together musicians all over the world to the U.S. for an exhilarating month of performances, discussions, and interactive music-making events. OneBeat grew out of a notion that musical collaboration is a powerful way to connect people across political and cultural differences.
- The ONEBEAT program takes place in the United States over four weeks in September-October 2018. Two weeks are spent in a musical residency, and two weeks are on a performance tour.
- During the residency, participants form small musical ensembles, create original material, and develop workshop ideas. While on tour, fellows give public performances in various U.S. cities and lead workshops with youth and community groups.
- ONEBEAT fellows will have their travel, room, and board costs covered.
- Applicants must demonstrate basic English proficiency.
Applicants must be musicians aged 19-35 who can demonstrate musical talent, leadership skills, entrepreneurial spirit, and a strong commitment to building more cohesive communities at home.
You can apply directly via the OneBeat website: http://1beat.org/apply .
Deadline: February 9th 2018