- BSc in Biology, University of Mosul, Iraq
- MScin Biotechnology, University of Mosul, Iraq
- PhD in Microbiology, University of Nottingham, UK
1-Mahde S Assafi, Muslim A Allu, Ibtesam S Abdulrahman, Mohammad I Al-Berfkani. The seroprevalence of human brucellosis in different age groups patients and other associated risk factors in Duhok, Iraq. (2019). Accepted in Innovaciencia. Under publishing process
2- Mahde S Assafi, Hishiyar A Hado, Ibtesam S Abdulrahman. Detection of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in broilers and broilers farm workers in Duhok, Iraq by using conventional and PCR techniques. (2019). Accepted in Iraqi Journal of Veterinary Sciences. Under publishing process
3-Mahde S Assafi, Muslim A Allu2, Reem F Polse, Mohammad I Al-Berfkani. Present status of Salmonella Typhi in different age groups hospitalized patients in Duhok City, Iraq. 2019. Accepted in ZANCO Journal of Pure and Applied Sciences. Under publishing process.
4- Hussein NR, Balatay AA, Saleem ZS, Hassan SM, Assafi MS, Sheikhan RS, Amedi FR, Hafzullahv SS, Hafzullah MS, Xedr AM, Zebary MT, Aqrawi HA. A clinical study of cutaneous leishmaniasis in a new focus in the Kurdistan region, Iraq. (2019). PloS one. 14(5). e0217683
5- Wahida A Ibrahim, Shameran Daniel, Nawfal R Hussein, Mahde Saleh Assafi and Ramadan Othman. Knowledge of Human Papillomavirus (HPV) and the HPV Vaccine Among Medical and Nursing Students of Duhok, Iraq. (2019). Women Health Bull. (2019 January; 6(1):e87203. doi: 10.5812/whb.87203.
6- Yousif A Abdulrhaman, Mohamad A Mohamad, Mahde S Assafi. 2018. Phage therapy against biofilm of multidrug resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae from Zakho hospital samples. Polytechnic journal for pure and applied sciences. 2019. 9(1): 17-22
7- Waleed Haji Saeed Akreyi, Samira Younis Yousif, Mahde Saleh Assafi (2018). Antibiotic resistant and plasmid conjugative study of Salmonella Typhi. Jurnal Teknologi Laboratorium.Vol 7, No 2, 2018
8-Nawfal R Hussein, Shameran Daniel, Khoshi Salim, Mahde S Assafi. (2018). Urinary tract infections and antibiotics sensitivity patterns among women attending Azadi teaching hospital, Duhok, Iraq. Avicenna Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Infection. 5(2):27-30.
9-Marwan K. Al. Zebary, Samira Y. Yousif, Mahde S. Assafi. (2017). The prevalence, molecular characterization and antimicrobial susceptibility of S. aureus isolated from impetigo cases in Duhok, Iraq. The Open Dermatology Journal. 11: 22-29
10- Nawfal R. Hussein, Mahde S. Assafi, Tayyaba Ijaz (2017). Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus nasal colonisation amongst healthcare workers in Kurdistan Region, Iraq. Journal of Global Antimicrobial Resistance. 9: 78–81
11-Mahde S Assafi, Reem F Polse, Nawfal R Hussein, Ahmed H Haji, Araz R Issa (2017).The prevalence of S. aureus nasal colonisation and its antibiotic sensitivity pattern amongst primary school pupils. JUOZ. Vol.5 No 1, 2017
12-Reem F Polse, Samira Y Yousif, Mahde S Assafi (2016). Prevalence and molecular characterization of extended spectrum beta Lactamases-producing uropathogenic Escherichia coli isolated in Zakho, Iraq. JMID. 6 (4): 163-167
13-Mahde S. Assafi (2016). Comparison of S. aureus Proteomic Profiles from Biofilm and Planktonic Growth Conditions using 2D- Gel Electrophoresis. JUOZ. Vol.4, No 1, 2016
14- Nawfal R. Hussein, Amer A. Balatay, Mahde S. Assafi, Tamara Abdulezel Al-Mufty (2016). High Risk Human papilloma Virus Genotypes in Kurdistan Region in Patients with Vaginal Discharge. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev. 2016;17(7):3191-3.
15-Polse, R. F., Yousif, S. Y. & Assafi, M. S. (2016) Prevalence and antimicrobial susceptibility patterns of uropathogenic E. coli among people in Zakho, Iraq. Int J Res Med Sci, Online First: 28 Mar, 2016. doi:10.18203/2320-6012.ijrms20160813
16-N.R. Hussein, Z.S.M. Saleem, A.A. Balatay, K.H. Abd, S. Daniel, A.A. Taha, N.M.R. Ibrahim, M.S. Assafi. (2016). Seroprevalence of Helicobacter pylori Infection in Renal Transplant Recipient Attending Duhok Kidney Disease Center. Transplantation Proceedings, 48, 92 -95.
17-Mahde S.A. Assafi, Nashwan M.R. Ibrahim, Nawfal R. Hussein, Ali A Taha, Amer A. Balatay (2015). Urinary Bacterial Profile and Antibiotic Susceptibility Pattern among Patients with Urinary Tract Infection in Duhok City, Kurdistan Region, Iraq. Int. J. Pure Appl. Sci. Technol., 30(2) (2015), pp. 54-63
18-Mahde S. Assafi, Reem Qasim Mohammed, Nawfal R. Hussein. (2015). Nasal Carriage Rates of Staphylococcus aureus and CA-Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus aureus among University Students, Journal of Microbiology Research, Vol. 5 No. 4, 2015, pp. 123-127. doi: 10.5923/j.microbiology.20150504.01.
19-Nawfal R Hussein, Ahmed Alyas, Marwan Majeed and Mahde S Assafi (2015). Prevalence Rate and Prevalent Genotypes of CA-MRSA in Kurdistan Region: First Report from Iraq. Int. J. Pure Appl. Sci. Technol., 27(1).
20- Hussein NR, Tunjel I, Majed HS, Yousif ST, Aswad SI, Assafi MS (2015). Duodenal ulcer Promoting gene 1 (dupA1) is associated with A2147G clarithromycin resistance mutation but not IL-8 secretion from gastric mucosa in Iraqi patients, New Microbes and New Infections, doi:10.1016/j.nmni.2015.02.005.
21-Hussein NR, Muhammed AH, Al-Dabbagh S, Abdulkareem, WL and Assafi MS (2014). The Prevalence of USA300 CA-MRSA in Kurdistan Region, Northern Iraq (2014).Int. J. Pure Appl. Sci. Technol.,21(2), 8-10
22-Habeeb A, Hussein NR, Assafi MS and Al-Dabbagh SA (2014). Methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus nasal colonization among secondary school students at Duhok City-Iraq.JMID 4 (2): 59-63.
23- Salih AM, Goreal A, Hussein NR, Abdullah SM, Hawrami K, Assafi M (2013). The distribution of cagA and dupA genes in Helicobacter pylori strains in Kurdistan region, northern Iraq. Ann Saudi Med. 33 (3):290-3.
24-Abdullah SM, Hussein NR, Salih AM, Merza MA, Goreal AA, Odeesh OY, Majed HS, Assafi MA, Hawrami K (2012). Infection with Helicobacter pylori strains carrying babA2 and cagA is associated with an increased risk of peptic ulcer disease development in Iraq.Arab J Gastroenterol.13(4):166-9.
25-Nawfal R. Hussein NR, Abdullah SM, Salih AM, and Assafi MS (2012) dupA1 Is Associated with Duodenal Ulcer and High Interleukin-8 Secretion from the Gastric Mucosa. Infect. Immun. 80 (8) 2971-2972.
26- Assafi MS (2012). Molecular Analysis of the Role of Haemophilus influenza Porin P2 in Host-pathogen Interactions. PhD Thesis. University of Nottingham.
27-Abouseada NM, Assafi MS, Mahdavi J, Oldfield NJ, Wheldon LM, Wooldridge KG, Ala'aldeen DA, Borrow R (2012) Mapping the Laminin Receptor Binding Domains of Neisseria meningitidisPorA and Haemophilusinfluenzae OmpP2.UPLoS ONE 7 (9).
28- Al-Hamdany AJ, A.M. Mustapha AM, Abdul-Rahman MS Synthesis and Biological Study of Some New Pyrrolidines (2007). J.Edu. Sci,19 (3)
29- Mahmood AK and Saleh M (2006).Gamma Ray Effect on Food Demand to Growth Factors as S. typhimurium Isolated from Clinical Cases in Mosul City. Tikrit Journal of Pure Science 11 (2): 78-84.
Microbiology, Infectious disease, Host pathogen interaction, Biotechnology, Molecular bacteriology, Drug resistance
- Advance microbiology (for PhD and MSc students),
- Selective topics in biotechnology (MSc students),
- Advance Molecular biology (MSc students),
- Environmental microbiology,
- Academic debate,
MSc student: Detection and molecular characterization of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus strains from poultry and farm workers in Duhok, Kurdistan. 2015-2017. University of Zakho. Science
- MSc student: Molecular characterization of the oral bacteria in the people with obesity in Duhok, Iraq. 2018- .University of Duhok, Science
(1) Member and lecturer at the University of Dohuk. 2004-2007.
(2) Head deputy (Reporter) of the head of biology department. 2005-2007.
(3) Member and lecturer at the University of Zakho, 2008-2017.
(4) (PhD student) Intensive researches at School of Molecular Medical Sciences at 2009-2012 Nottingham/UK as a part of PhD degree.
(5) Member of journal publication committee of 1st international conference of Zakho university. 2013-present.
(6) Member of American Society of Microbiology (ASM) 2009-present.
(7) (Representer) Selected as American Society of Microbiology (ASM) Young Ambassador to Iraq
30/7/2014-29/7 to 6/9/2014.
(8) Accepted and completed the Fulbright scholarship program to
University of Central Oklahoma, Oklahoma / USA.
(9) High development committee member at the University of Zakho, Kurdistan region, Iraq. 2014-2016
(10) Member of the scientific degree award at the University of Zakho. 2013-2016.
(11) Member of the Higher Development Committee (HDC) at the Zakho University. 2014-2016.
(12) Member of proposals evaluations committee at the Zakho University. 2016-2017.
(13) Section editor of Science Journal of university of Zakho. 2017-present.
(14) Member and lecturer at the University of Duhok, Kurdistan region, Iraq. 2017-present
(15) Scientific committee member at Bio. Dept., University of Duhok. 2018-present.
(16) Member of the Technical program Committee of the international conference on Advanced science and Engineering 2018(lCOASE 2018) at University of Zakho/Iraq. 2018
(17) Member of the program Committee of the International Conference on Science and Technology ICST-18 at University of Duhok/Iraq. 2018.
(18) Director of health and safety office at college of science, university of Duhok. 2018.
(19) Director of examination committee of Biology department, college of science, university of Duhok. 2019.
Conferences & Symposiums and meetings:
(1) Society of General Microbiology conference (SGM). Yorkshire/ UK. 30 Mrch - 2 April, 2009.
(2) 112th American Society of Microbiology conference (ASM).Louisiana/ UAS,21-24 May 2011.
(3) Organizing an ASM virtual workshop on scientific writing and publishing, by Dr. Larry McDaniel, University of Mississippi Medical Center University of Zakho/Iraq,27 November,2013
(4) 2nd Annual Young Ambassador Meeting, Boston/USA,16 May, 2014.
(5) ASM Culture of Responsibility Trainers Workshop, Boston/USA,17,May 2014.
(6) 114th ASM General Meeting (conference), Boston/USA,17-21May, 2014.
(7) Pre-workshop transformative learning best practices, US education system, reforms (CETTL) University of Centeral Oklahoma, Oklahoma / USA,3 July,2014.
(8) E-Learning software and library tools IT traning at administration bulding, IT office,University of Centeral Oklahoma, Oklahoma /USA,9 July, 2014.
(9) Workshop: small world imitative instructor training workshop organized by the American Society for Microbiology (ASM) and Yale university in collaboration with Princess Haya biotechnology center, Jordan university of science and technology- Princess Haya biotechnology center/ Jordan, 7-11 June ,2015.
(10) The5th Kurdistan International Conference on Science and Technology-ICST-2019/ Duhok/ Iraq. (Oral presentation).(11) International Conference on Clinical research and Medical Science -ICCRAMS-2019/ Erbil / Iraq. (Oral presentation).
No CV available