PhD/ Assistant Professor
Molecular Parasitology & Immunology +964 7504143224
1) Renneker S, Abdo J, Ahmed JS, Seitzer U. Field validation of a competitive ELISA for detection of Theileria annulata infection. Parasitol Res. 2009 Dec;106(1):47-53.
2) Liu Z, Wang Z, Yin H, Luo J, Zhang B, Kullmann B, Abdo J, Salih D, Ahmed J, Seitzer U. Identification of Theileria uilenbergi immunodominant protein for development of an indirect ELISA for diagnosis of ovine theileriosis. Int J Parasitol. 2010 Apr;40(5):591-8
3) Mohammad Al-Saeed AT, Omer LT, Abdo J, Habibi G, Salih DA, Seitzer U, Ahmed J. Epidemiological studies on tropical theileriosis (Theileria annulata infection of cattle) in Kurdistan Region, Iraq. Parasitol Res. 2010 Jan;106(2):403
4) Abdo J, Liu Z, Yin H, Kullmann B, Ahmed JS, Seitzer U. Identification of clone-9 antigenic protein of Theileria uilenbergi and evaluation of its application for serodiagnosis. Parasitol Res. 2010 Aug;107(3):517-24
5) Abdo J, Kristersson T, Seitzer U, Renneker S, Merza M, Ahmed J. Development and laboratory evaluation of a lateral flow device (LFD) for the serodiagnosis of Theileria annulata infection. Parasitol Res. 2010 Aug 3. [Epub ahead of print]
- 2005 Teaching Assistant Instructor at the Department of Parasitology, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, University of Duhok, IRAQ
- 2006-2007: Responsible of the Higher Education Unit in the college of veterinary Medicine , University of Duhok
- August 2007 to March 2011: PhD student, Research Center Borstel, Germany The subject of the work Development of two diagnostic tools (ELISA and ICT) for detection of antibodies against ovine and bovine theileriosis.
- Since March 2011:Director of Duhok Veterinary Research Center (DVRC). - Since 31 October ;Member of Scientific Board of Duhok University.
- Since March 2012,Member in Editorial Board of Journal of Duhok University .
- Workshops and courses attended :
- February 3-5 2007: Workshop on “Molecular Diagnostic Tools” organized by the Dohuk Research Center – Faculty of Veterinary Medicine and the Research Center Borstel, Germany.
- April 14-18 2008: Workshop on "Technology Transfer of Molecular Diagnostic Tools" organized by Lanzhou Veterinary Research Institute Lanzhou, Gansu, PR China and the Research Center Borstel, Germany
- June 9-13 2008: "Technical Workshop on Bioinformatics " organized by EU-FB6 INCO-DEV INCOME EU-FP6 PRIORITY ConFluTech, Research Center Borstel, Germany
- September 15 26 2008: A course held at "Regional Training Course on Rapid Diagnosis of Avian Influenza (Bird Flu)" organized by IAEA/FAO in cooperation with European Union ConFluTech Project held at Federal Center for Animal Health, FGI-ARRIAH, Vladimir, the Russian Federation
- June 17-19, 2009: participated in “International Conference on Intracellular Niches of Microbes” held in Research Center Borstel.
- June 29-July 3, 2009: participated in “10th Biennial Conference of the Society for Tropical Veterinary Medicine held in Luebeck, Germany (STVM) and presented a poster entitled “Identification of clone-9 antigenic protein of Theileria uilenbergi and evaluation of its application for serodiagnosis”.
- November 30 to December 2009: A "Technical Workshop on Epidemiological Tools" organized within the EU funded ConFluTech and Arbo-Zoonet project by the Faculty of Veterinary Medicine, Free University of Berlin and the Research Center Borstel, Germany
- July 19-24, 2010, 'Tick identification workshop' organized by the Turkish Ministry of Agriculture, Pendik Veterinary Control Research Institute, and the EU funded projects ICTTD-3 and Arbo-Zoonet
- July 26-30, 2010, 'Integrated control of Ticks and Tick- Borne Diseases in a Globalized World, Istanbul, Turkey funded by the European commission FP6 (ICTTD-3)
- 28 Nov- 2 Dec.2011”More of Epidemiological Thinking and Tools”Organized within the EU funded ConFluTech projuct by Faculty of Veterinary Medicine ,freie University .Germany
- 2 Dec2012- 1 jan 2012,Scintefic celebration (Research)Borstel Research Center .Germany
- September 27-28 2011,Scintific Research in Iraq: situation and perspectives. Beirut. Lebanon .Organized by UNISCO,
- 17 May-20 2012 ,as instructor in Technical workshop on basic molecular technique, Iraq ,Kurdistan Region ,Duhok. University of Duhok . DVRC.
- Workshops organized(as instructor):
- April 2008” Molecular diagnostic tools” Dohuk, Iraq
- Januaray 2009.”National technical workshop for diagnostic tools in Erbil, Iraq”
- Nov 2010.” Technical workshop on basic molecular biological techniques.Borstel Research Center Germany .
- 17 May -20 2012”Technical workshop on basic molecular technique” IRAQ, Kurdistan Region ,University of Duhok .
- June 29 – July 3,2009, Poster presentation on " Identification of clone-9 antigenic protein of Theileria uilenbergi and evaluation of its application for serodiagnosis" on 10th Biennial conference of STVM (“One Health - One Medicine: Building Bridges to Face the Challenge of Emerging and Zoonotic Diseases”), Lübeck, Germany.