University of Duhok-College of Pharmacy:
- Clinical Pharmacy:
Clinical pharmacy is a discipline based on health sciences. It focuses on optimizing pharmacotherapy and promoting health. The emphasis is in rational medicine use and ways to influence it, development and evaluation of clinical pharmacy services and medication safety.
The Goals of clinical pharmacy is to ensure the optimal use of medications for the best outcomes through the provision of drug information and monitoring for drug safety and efficacy, and preventing adverse reactions of medications.
In hospitals the services of clinical pharmacy are of considerable value because the concerned clinical pharmacist serves as a guide to the physician for safe and rational use of drugs. Therefore, scope of clinical pharmacy covers areas to foster innovation, improve public health and provide a knowledge exchange.
Pharmacists are expected to have thorough knowledge of the etiology of the disease, its signs, symptoms, pathophysiology, diagnostic tests, pharmacokinetics, etc. Proper clinical training should be given to the clinical pharmacist to provide information regarding rational drug use, drug therapy and drug doses.
- Department of clinical pharmacy:
It is one of the departments of the college of pharmacy of University of Duhok, Kurdistan region, it has been established as a new department in 2019-2020. This department is located in the first floor of the college building.
Our department is a multidisciplinary, we have different specialties, it depends on clinical training of students in the hospital for graduating new generations of clinical pharmacists. The members of our department are all cooperative and work as one team to reach our goal & provide the highest quality of learning important to graduate the best generation of clinical pharmacists.
Head of the Department of Clinical Pharmacy
Lecturer: Dr. Suzan Omer Rasool
To advance the precise, safe, and effective use of medicines to improve health through excellence in patient care, education, research, and public service.
To change the face of pharmacy through innovations that improve health.
- Out comes:
- Provide innovative, interprofessional experiences to develop students and pharmacists as integral members of the health care team.
- Educate students and pharmacists to apply evidence-based approaches to practice.
- Develop students and pharmacists to become leaders in all practice settings.
- Patient care
- Provide evidence-based care that optimizes medication use across all health care settings.
- Optimize health outcomes through partnerships with patients, caregivers, health care professionals, policy makers, and health plans.
- Ensure precise, safe, and effective therapy through secure and reliable medication prescribing, supply, and delivery systems.
- Generate and disseminate knowledge to advance patient care, medication safety, disease prevention and treatment, health care cost-effectiveness and quality, and pharmacy education.
- Apply new knowledge to develop, evaluate, and disseminate innovative health care delivery models, pharmacy education models, and health policy.
- Public service
- Participate in local, state, national, and global health programs that promote and advocate health improvement, wellness, disease prevention and treatment, and access to health care.
- Serve as patient advocates, especially for underserved populations.
- Participate as active leaders of the University and the public at large.