College of Engineering
Laser Survey Engineeing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D., in civil Engineering/ Surveying Engineering / " The use of target to improve the precision of Mobile laser scanning"/ Nottingham Geospatial Institute (NGI) / University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK / Academic year 2009 - 2013.
- M.Sc., in Civil Engineering / Survey Engineering / “Accuracy Assessment of Surveys Utilizing Modern Technique Compared With Ground Survey.”/ College of Engineering/ University of Baghdad/ Republic of Iraq/ Academic Year; 1999-2000.
- B.Sc., in Civil Engineering / Survey Engineering / College of Engineering/ University of Baghdad / Republic of Iraq/ Academic Year; 1995-1996.
- Ageed Idress Mohammed and Farsat Heeto Abdulrahman, 2020 “Evaluation of UAV-based DEM for volume calculation” Paper published to the Journal of Duhok University (JOD), Duhok. Vol.23, No1. 2020.
- Farsat Heeto Abulrahman and Sarhat Mustafa Adam, 2020“ Accuracy Assessment of Duhok city land use official maps” Sixth International Engineering Conference on Developments in Engineering Applications (IEC2020) in the city of Erbil, Kurdistan Region-Iraq on February 26-27, 2020. Accepted in IEEE-Iraqi section. tiu.edu.iq/conf/iec
- Raad Awad and Farsat Heeto, 2019 “ Accuracy Assessment of Duhok city land use official maps” Fifth International Engineering Conference on Developments in Engineering Applications (IEC2019) in the city of Erbil, Kurdistan Region-Iraq on June 23-25, 2019. Published in EPU, Vol.9 No. 2.
- Farsat Heeto Abdulrahman, 2018 “Creating a Bathymetric contour map of small earth dams in Duhok governorate: a comparative study” 1st International conference on advance science and Engineering Challenges in Kurdistan Region (ICOASE2018) / Zakho University in (Duhok, KR, Iraq). Date of conference 9-11th October 2018, added to IEEE Xplore: 29th November 2018. Electronic ISBN:978-1-5386-6696-8. PoD ISBN: 978-1-5386-6697-5. DOI: 10.1109/ICOASE.2018.8548875 published IEEE. Conference location: Duhok, Kurdistan Region, Iraq.
- Sarhat M Adam and Farsat Heeto Abdulrahman, 2018 "The use of semi-automated method for assessing the horizontal positional accuracy of Google Earth imagery". 1st International conference on Engineering Challenges in Kurdistan Region (ICECKR) 2018 /Nawroz University in (Duhok, KR, Iraq). Published in Academic Journal of Nawroz University (AJNU). Vol 7 No 4 (2018)) doi : 10.25007/ajnu.v7n4a287 https://journals.nawroz.edu.krd/index.php/ajnu/article/view/287
- Farsat Heeto Abdulrahman, Sami M. Glyane and Yousif Y. Zaiya, 2018 " Height Evaluation and Linear Accuracy of Digital Level, Total station, GPS and Orthophoto ". 1st International conference on Engineering Challenges in Kurdistan Region (ICECKR) 2018 /Nawroz University in (Duhok, KR, Iraq). Published in Academic Journal of Nawroz University (AJNU). Vol 7 No 4 (2018)) doi : 10.25007/ajnu.v7n4a268. https://journals.nawroz.edu.krd/index.php/ajnu/article/view/268
- Farsat Heeto Abdulrahman, Siyamand Mohammed Ali, Ali Abduljabar Yousif. 2017 "Creating a bathymetric contour map using acoustic Doppler current profiler (ADCP): Duhok Dam reservoir as a case study" Erbil Polytechnic University/Department of Scientific Publications. ISSN 2313-5727. Available at: <https://epu.edu.krd/ojs/index.php/Journal/article/view/93> doi: https://doi.org/10.25156/ptj.2017.7.4.93. vo. 7 issue 4. Pp. 40-55.
- Raad Kattan , Farsat Heeto Abdulrahman and Hussein H.Hassan, 2016 “Evaluating the accuracy of Google Earth DEM using GPS coordinates. Case study: Duhok Governorate”. Paper published to the Journal of Duhok University (JOD), Duhok. Vol.19, No1. 2016.
- Raad Kattan , Farsat Heeto Abdulrahman and Hussein H.Hassan, 2015 “The use of remote sensing imagery for creating digital terrain models and visual 3-D view” Earth Observation in the Sentinel Era RSPSoc, NCEO and CEOI-ST Joint Annual Conference 8-11 September 2015. Hosted by Geography and Environment, University of Southampton, UK
- Farat Heeto Abdulrahman, Smith M J and Kokkas N, 2014. The importance of designing targets for improving the accuracy of Mobile Laser Scanning data. Conference proceeding RSPSoc 2014.2014 Conference 2nd -5th September at Aberstwyth University. Available at conference booklet, technical section Lidar. P.P 86-92.
- Raad Kattan and Farsat Heeto Abdulrahman, 2008. Ground Coordinate Measurements Using Satellite Images and Terrestrial Photographs” Published in Journal Duhok University (JDU) Vo1.10, No.2, 2007. Published on 17 March 2008.
- Farsat Heeto Abdulrahman and Mahmod Al-Ani, 2000. Digital Evaluation of Plano-metric Ground coordinates from aerial and space imagery. Published in Journal Baghdad University (JBU), Iraq. 2000.
- 3D Laser scanner
- GPS and GIS
- Map projection
Postgraduate studies who get MSc degree
- Surveying Engineering- subjects (advance surveying and Geodesy) from 2017-2018
Under graduate students who get Bachelor degree
- Water Resources Engineering (WRE)- subject Eng. surveying from 2003-present
- Civil Engineering – Subject Eng. surveying from 2003-2007
- Surveying Engineering- different subjects such as (Technical English, Engineering surveying, Geodesy, Astronomy and Laser scanning). From 2016-present
- Architecture Engineering- subject Surveying from 2005-2007; then 2013-2014.
- College of Agriculture- surveying one course in academic year 2018-2019
- College of Agriculture- subject surveying from 2004-2006
- Economical and Administration/Economic- subject computer application from 2003-2004
- Economical and Administration-subject/ Science of Banks- subject computer application from 2003-2004
- Technical Institute of Duhok – subject Surveying from 2014-2015
- Technical Institute of Zakho- subject (Surveying and AutoCAD civil 3D)
- Technical Institude of Akre- subject surveying from 2015 – present
Supervisor MSc student in the Thesis Title: ACCURACY ASSESSMENT OF DIGITAL ELEVATION MODEL USING UAV IMAGES.
Extracted research from the above thesis published in JUD, 2020 vol. (23), issue (1). Research title: Evaluation of UAV-based DEM for volume calculation.
Representative of the Academic Staff at the College of Engineering