College of Engineering
Environmental and Sanitary Engineering email@example.com
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering/Environmental and Sanitary Engineering (University of Malaya, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia), 2013
- M.Sc. in Environmental and Sanitary Engineering(University of Baghdad, Baghdad, Iraq), 2000
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering/Environment (University of Mosul, Mosul, Iraq), 1997
- Nashwan Shawkat Mizzouri, Shawkat Ahmed Kochary, Nesreen Barwari “ Decentralized / Semi-Centralized Sanitation Solutions in Duhok Governorate – Case Study”, 6th International Engineering Conference (IEC 2020), Held in Erbil, Kurdistan Region-Iraq on February 26-27, 2020 by the collaboration of Tishk International University and Erbil Polytechnic University and technically sponsored by IEEE.
- Nashwan Shawkat Mizzouri, , Md Ghazaly Shaaban, Diya'uddeen Basheer Hasan, Hambali Umar Hambali and Seyyed Alireza Mousavi (2019) Enhancing Sequencing Batch Reactor (SBR) Performance using Zeolite and Granular Activated Carbon in the Treatment of Petroleum Refinery Wastewater, accepted Water SA Journal. (Impact Factor 1.1) (Thomson Reuters).
- Algabban Maha M., Mizzouri, Nashwan Sh. Mahmood, Fadhil R., Hassan Hussein H. (2018), Assessment of Waste Generation rate of Medical Hazardous in Duhok Governorate (Proposal of alternative disposal and management methods), Academic Journal of Nawroz University, v. 7, n. 4, p. 139-152, dec. 2018. ISSN 2520-789X. Available at: <https://journals.nawroz.edu.krd/index.php/ajnu/article/view/283>. Date accessed: 13 feb. 2019. doi: https://doi.org/10.25007/ajnu.v7n4a283.
- Mizzouri, Nashwan Sh., Algabban Maha M. & Hassan Mohammed H. (2017) Assessment of Grey Water Disposal and Different Onsite Treatment Options for Domiz Camp in Duhok City. Journal of University of Duhok (JDU): Special Issue, Vol. 20, No. 1.
- Mizzouri, Nashwan Sh., (2017) Kinetic parameters of phenol biodegradation with different microorganisms: A review. Journal of University of Duhok (JDU): Special Issue, Vol. 20, No. 1.
- Y. Yosofi, A. Almasi, S. A. Mousavi, N. Shawkat Mizzouri, (2016). Decolorization of Methylene Blue from Aqueous Solution Using Ultrasonic/ Fenton Like Process. IJE TRANSACTIONS B: Applications Vol. 29, No. 11 (Scopus)
- BH Diya'uddeen, SR Pouran, ARA Aziz, SM Nashwan, Wan Mohd Ashri Wan Daud,M.G. Shaaban, (2015). Hybrid of Fenton and sequencing batch reactor for petroleum refinery wastewater treatment. Journal of Industrial and Engineering Chemistry, Vol. 25, pp 186–191 (Impact Factor 4.84) (Thomson Reuters).
- M.I. Ab. Malek · N.A. Awang · N.S. Mahmood · M.G. Shaaban (2015). Microbial Population and Performance in SBR Adapted for Treating Sewage, MSW Leachate and Petroleum Effluents. Poster presented in JSPS-ACP CS5 Japan 19 November 2015.
- Mizzouri, Nashwan Sh., & Shaaban, Md. Ghazaly (2013). Individual and combined effects of organic, toxic, and hydraulic shocks on sequencing batch reactor in treating petroleum refinery wastewater. Journal of Hazardous Material, Vol. 250-251, pp 333-344. (Impact Factor 6.43) (Thomson Reuters).
- Mizzouri, Nashwan Sh., & Shaaban, Md. Ghazaly (2013). Kinetic and Hydrodynamic Assessment of an Aerobic Purification System for Petroleum Refinery Wastewater Treatment in Continuous Regime. International Biodeterioration and Biodegradation. Vol. 83, pp 1-9. (Impact Factor 3.56) (Thomson Reuters).
- Mizzouri, Nashwan Sh., & Shaaban, Md. Ghazaly. Kinetic of Aerobic Biodegradation for Petroleum Refinery Wastewater Treatment with SBR System. Journal of Environmental Engineering. (Submitted) (Impact Factor 1.1)
- Mizzouri, Nashwan Sh., & Shaaban, Md. Ghazaly. Performance comparison of Petroleum Refinery Wastewater Treatment in SBR and CSTR activated sludge reactors. Arabian Journal for Science and Engineering. (Submitted ) (Impact Factor 0.7)
- Mizzouri, Nashwan Sh., Shaaban, Md. Ghazaly & Johari, I. (2010). Performance study of SBR system for petroleum wastewater treatment. Paper presented at the Proceedings of the International Conference on the Environment and Natural Resources (ICENR) “The Changing Environment: Challenges for Society, University Salaya, Thailand.
- Mizzouri, N., & Shaaban, M. (2009). Dispersed Growth Biological Treatment of Petroleum Wastewater: A review Paper presented at the International Conference For Technical Postgraduates. Toward Advancement of Engineering Research – Global Challenges , Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia (ISBN: 978-1-4244-5224-8).
- Mizzouri; Nashwan Shawkat (2007). Identifying point sources and non-point sources of water pollution in Dohuk dam watershed. 4th Conference on the Environment and Natural Resources 14-16 May, Taiz University, Republic of Yemen
- Al-Azzawi, S., Maarouf, B., and Mizzouri, N., (2002), “Environmental radiological pollution from the use of DU weaponry against Ninevah governorate during the war”, proceedings of the conference on the effects of the use of DU weaponry on human and environment in Iraq, March 26-27 2002, Baghdad, Iraq.
The research interests lie in the area of urban water management, recalcitrant wastewater treatment, kinetics of biological wastewater treatment and medical hazardous waste management.
- Water Supply Engineering
- Sanitary Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Building Services
- LASER Buy-In grant from USAID under title “Cultural Restoration Program For Northern Iraq”
- In-Kind Grant from the International Research and Exchange Board (IREX), May 2016. Iraq In Kind Travel Grant_UoD_5.28.2016