Advanced technologies have evolved over time to bring extraordinary features and services to cover many aspects of our life and to make it easier and smarter. It is also quite clear that new technologies will be the main driver for advancing the society up to the next level. We, the staff of computer science department at UoD, are proud to announce our fifth annual software Fair 2017 (ASF’17). The purpose of this Fair is to demonstrate student’s abilities to build reliable software and hardware based products. Such products should fulfill the needs of our society as well as expanding the knowledge that have been gained from the under graduation study in order to be applied to solve our local problems. Furthermore, it gives significant opportunities to both students and participants to share ideas with each other in a number of technological domains.
1. To provide a venue for the final year computer science students to share, promote, and discuss their ideas and projects.
2. To encourage students to show their scientific skills as well as soft skills to persuade host agencies to invest in them.
3. To create a fair competition environment for students.
4. To highlight the recent advances in computer, information, and communications technologies.
5. To build a bridge between academia, society, and business by bringing the parties together.
This year, the exhibition includes the following main themes:
1. Database solutions for university departments and centers.
2. Web applications for university directorates and businesses.
3. Mobile applications for university-related activities.
4. Embedded systems for controlling and automation purposes.
5. Image processing applications for image security and satellite images classification.
Date: Thursday, 11 May 2017
Venue: College of Science, University of Duhok, Duhok, Kurdistan Region, Iraq
Time: 10:00 AM – 3:00 PM